Claire's Mission in Armenia: "Conference was so awesome, also Yerevan had its 2795th birthday this week"

Dearest friends, neighbors and all others interested. 

This week was great, new investigators were found and the hand of the Lord has been seen in the work in Armenia. It is an exciting time. I loved General Conference and I feel like I could go on for hours and hours about it. 

Busy busy busy. The time is flying faster and faster as I realize that by next conference I will be about home. We had splits this week with the Sister Training Leaders, (Sister APs) and it was a wonderful opportunity to learn from the most senior sisters in the mission. They are so dedicated and committed to this work and I was so grateful to learn from their example, especially of talking to everyone. That was especially good for me because I sometimes let myself get shy when I worry about bothering people, but then you realise that you are handing people the Gospel of Salvation on a silver platter and you get a little bolder. 

Well we met with one of our investigator's husband and he has some interesting ideas. According to him, there are people living on the moon and the city of Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed by an atom bomb. My favorite part of all of this. His source is Youtube. He said it like it was the most normal thing in the world to believe everything on youtube oh dear. If you didn't know it before, now please understand that everything see on the internet is not necessarily true. 

So Yerevan turned 2795 years old this weekend! Pretty cool, eh? The city of yerevan became the capital at that time and has been Armenia's capital since that time. How long has Washington, D.C. been our capital? Not that long for suuuuure. To celebrate the Armenian soccer team played Bulgaria. (Isn't that nice Sis, our mission countries played each other) I am pretty sure that Armenia won because of all of the horns that I heard honking at about 10:00 pm that night, but I am not one hundred percent sure. As people here are amazed to find out, we do not watch TV. 

A few thoughts from conference. I LOVED IT!!!! And it was so fun because our whole district got together and had yummy food and got to watch it on a big screen. too fun! I felt like it was a real wake up call to the world and the church. Like, Hello, we are in the last days, you know what you need to do, so do it! Plain and simple. If you've made covenants keep them, and help others make them too. It was beautiful. I loved it. I also loved Elder D. Todd Christofferson's talk on the Moral influence of women. It was such a clear call to repentance to some who are keen to break down the important gifts and differences between men and women. I could go on forever, but I just urge all of you to read it and love it and study those talks over and over. 

Well My loved ones. I am loving the falling leaves and my cup of herbal thyme tea and wearing sweaters every day. Sister B and I are still in denial to the point that we have not yet broken out the tights. We figure we may be able to last one more week. I hope you have a beautiful week and just know that your little Armenian missionary is trying hard and praying for you everyday! 

I love you!!!

Sister Claire Margaret Haynie

Inline image 1
Did I mention that I learned to crochet? I love it! I do two rows before I go to bed and a few during breakfast. Slowly but surely I will have a full scarf!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts