Claire's Mission in Armenia: "There was a run on the pizza and we had to lock the kitchen door"

My dearest ones, 

First of all, I want to just mention that if you are sending something to me be sure to put ARMENIA YEREVAN MISSION on the line BEFORE my name, if not, the post office will not give it to our elder that goes to pick it up. (They just send us an email telling us to inform you all, don't worry mom, I am sure I will get yours just fine, just in the future follow the above mentioned)

Anywho. This week was good. A interesting mix of meetings falling through and members referring their friends. One of the biggest dos of this week was the Stake Relief Society activity. It was a big event in a small room, and despite it being terribly warm, it was a great meeting all about developing talents and being self reliant. Women from the stake brought little handicrafts they had made and it was amazing. I wish I had gotten a pic! shoot. goofy me. Sorry! One member hand embroidered table cloths another made dolls out of rags, another had several beaded pictures on display, they were just beautiful, so much work and so much talent. I only wish the elders from our branch had brought the lovely paper flowers they made for our Senior couple for Sister L's birthday. We had told the elders to get her some flowers and we made some cookies, but they forgot to buy the flowers so they made some very cute ones out of paper. We had called them that night and just heard one of them in the background say, "I feel like such a girl right now" hahaha. they turned out just beautiful, and those dear elders have discovered some new talents. So Mimi, perhaps you can add paper crafting ability to you list of the ideal man, because now I know it is really a possibility. haha. Back to the activity, it was great, but the refreshments were crazy. So we can't do a buffet because people just go crazy and take a ton of food, so we had to hand out individual slices of pizza to every person, out of the kitchen and let me just tell you, it was a mad dash for the pizza and in the end we had to just close the kitchen door because we were out of pizza and people were mad. People take their food very seriously here. 

This week marked my tenth month in the country of Armenia. Crazy. for ten months I have lived and loved and worked and spoken with the people of Armenia. It feels like it has been a week and yet an eternity all at once. I seriously love it here though. I will have to make periodic trips back just for the bread. 

Because I have been here almost a year, we had to renew our residence cards which meant that my entire MTC group got together at the mission office and it was a blast! So fun to see them all and see what amazing missionaries they have become. truly amazing. I just love them all so so so much!! 

We had our quarterly interviews with the President this week. It was amazing. He is so full of love and care for each and every missionary and I just loved being able to speak with him the feelings of my heart and recieve such wise counsel from him. He said something that I wanted to pass on to you. As a mission we have all been praying at 10:00 and it has been an amazing experience to know that we are all on our knees at the same time. He suggested that after that prayer and after writing in my journal I sit alone somewhere and just ponder and open my mind to the things of the Spirit. It is so amazingly refreshing to just shed the things of this world and allow the Spirit to teach me. I would highly suggest that for anyone and also I highly suggest reading the True to the Faith entry on revelation, the section of pondering it so clear and a great reference. 

Sorry pals, but no pictures this week, but we are going bowling at the ONLY bowling alley in all of Armenia with the sisters in our district today. So pictures of that will be soon to follow I am sure. 

I love you all, and I know that the Lord loves you more than you could possible imagine. He loves every person so much that He gave His life for us. But as C.S. Lewis so beautifully put it, "He gave His life not for men but for each man." The individual nature of that sacrifice is what makes it perfect, infinite and eternal. love you

Sincerely, 

Your favorite little Armenian, Sister Claire Margaret Haynie

Comments

Popular Posts