Claire's Mission in Armenia: "You can sing? Do you know "Come Together" or "Don't Let me Down"?"

Dearest ones, 

This week was a miracle.

A, a woman I found on the street four months ago, was baptized this saturday, along with G, one of our member's relatives that had been learning for over two years and 2 months ago finally quit smoking and came to us ready to be baptized. It was a beautiful experience to see A, a woman who I had been through four months of hard work with, in the font with a big smile on  her face. That is heaven. She looked at me after the baptism and said, "You have suffered a lot for me, When I suffer a lot for someone it means I love them a lot. I guess you must love me a lot." And I do. That woman has become a part of me. And G. That tiny woman with a huge testimony. She took a step of faith and is now on that path that leads to the Lord and His joy. This is what missionary work is all about. The Lord truly prepares people. It is a beautiful thing. Some take 10 days, four months or two years, everyone has a time  that is ideal for them to accept the Gospel, the faith to really trust that is sometimes hard won, but it's true. I can't give many details of these women or their road to baptism, or even send pictures, but just know that they are amazing and I love them and I will tell you their story and show you their picture when we are sitting on a couch and my kitties are at my feet. 

Well the subject line of my email comes from one of our member's husband. She had asked me to sing at the beginning of our lesson, and she turned to her husband and said, "She sings so well," so he turned to me (he's not a member) and said, "You can sing? Do you know, "Come together" or "Don't let me down" ?" Well I started in on "Come Together" and he just broke into a huge smile. Thank heavens for dad and all of the Beatles albums we listened to. Perhaps it was just the thing to open his heart. Last week my mom asked me sum up my mission in a few words. Carolyn's was a "Party Planning mission" because of all of the activities she planned and executed in Bulgaria, for me, I think it is a "Singing mission" haha. There is just no better way to invite the Spirit, to lighten my spirits or to touch someone's heart. I love that something that I love so much can be such a part of me even as a missionary. 

Well the fog has rolled in and it feels nice and Seattle-y right now. I love it and I love drinking my thyme tea (too yum!) and sitting in my fuzzy socks and watching the rain on our balcony. There is something so healing about rain, maybe it's my seattlite nature, but just like it says in the song, "When I am baptised" the earth is cleansed by the rain and we are cleansed by water too, through baptism and as we partake of the sacrament. This world and this work are just such beautiful things. 

I've been out for 13 months as of yesterday. I can't really believe that it has been that long. wow. Transfers are this week and because we do not find out until a day before, you will have to wait with baited breath until next week. Should be exciting though! 

This work is true. It is the work of the Lord. I was interested to hear about all of the changes in our  ward. Though change is hard, thank goodness we are all still going to be in the same building still. Oh I love you all so much! I just feel like each and every day my heart gets bigger and bigger. 

xoxoxo Sister Claire Haynie

Inline image 3
Don't worry I wore my poppy for Remembrance day! 

Inline image 4
So I can't send you a picture of the women who were baptised, but here's a pic of me by the filled font! 

Comments

Popular Posts