Claire's Mission in Armenia: "Eating donuts off of strings and 87 year olds dancing to the Spice Girls"

Dearest ones, 

This week was wonderful. It was a mix of lots of different things and let me just tell you. I am exhausted, But that is why we have P-Day, thank heavens. 

First of all, MOM I GOT YOUR PACKAGE!!! You are the BEST! Candy corn and kitty socks. it doesn't get any better. So halloween. Well I dressed up as the zoo again, but sans moustache, this year. no cross-dressing in the field. haha. Sister B was Belle from beauty and the beast and we spent the whole time we were walking on the street deciding what everyone was for halloween, mind you everyone was just in their normal clothes, but you would be suprised how many people were really dressed up, they just didn't know it. haha. We did see a few actually dressed up and that was exciting. 

So we had our branch activiity this week. Fall themed. Sister B and I had spent the morning in the nearby park gathering leaves and everyone thought we were mental. But it looked beatiful and the Chili and baked potatoes were too yum and the donuts on string were hilarious and we had lots of other "Minute to Win it" type games (Thank you mom for those ideas from you last New Years Eve) and it was hilarious. All of these tatiks trying to dance bouncy balls out of a kleenex box on their waist. As do all Armenian parties, it just ended up being a big dance party and it was so fun! EVERYONE dances and to all sorts of music. I hope that you can all have the chance to go to an armenian dance party once in you lives. maybe one day I will show you some moves. haha

I just love this area so much. Transfers are in a week and a half and I have no idea what is going to happen. I just love these people, these streets, I just can't imagine going anywhere else. We shall see though. i have been here almost 6 months. I will keep you posted. 

We did sister splits with week and Sister T who is armenian came from Vanadzor down to me. She just kept saying that she was living in the boonies and couldn't believe how awesome the city was. I just say I am a little partial to my part of town, it's pretty great. She was wonderful and it felt like I was with my trainer again, how everyone just instantly loved her because she was armenian and how she had to tell them her first name and how they just loved that she had an armenian name. Generally people think that the name on our name tags are our first names, but because she is armenian and all armenian last names have the same ending, they know that it's not her first name. Wouldn't that be horrid if my first name was Hiney, hahaha. thank goodness it's not. 

Well A big thank you to the High Priests group of the Shoreline ward who sent me a halloween card. Also and big thanks to the Young Women for their cards too. That was so thoughtful! 

I finished "Jesus The Christ" this week and I want to tell you all that you need to read it. I loved it and I really felt like I was getting to know the Savior in a very different way. As we learn of Him, it becomes so much easier to become like Him. He is our perfect example in all things and I am so grateful for the closeness that I have come to feel with Him as a result of being His servant. Missionary work is the best! I love it with my whole soul! I am not saying that every day is easy and happy and fun, but it is the Lord's work and with that come hardships but also tremendous joy. I love you all!!!! 

xoxo Sister Claire Margaret Haynie 

Inline image 1
The only decorations we had, the card mom sent me last year in the MTC. Notice my costume, subtle and yet not. haha. Oh and by the way. this is our house. My favorite part is the herringbone patterned floor. 

Comments

Popular Posts