Claire's Mission in Armenia: "Happy Thanksgiving!"

Dear Ones,

It's nearly my very favorite holiday of the year!! Once again I am in a far away place, but I am looking forward to a delicious feast courtesy of our senior couples. They are the best!
This week was good. I am finally starting to feel like I know my way around here and that always makes a girl feel good. The people here are are full of goodness and faith and they have hearts that are truly open. One couple we are teaching even have their ducks living in their house with them, don't worry we don't eat at their house. But the people here in Artashat are kind and willing to talk and it is great, eventhough I miss the city just a little.
We have been going around meeting all of the members of the ward this week and we met the CUTEST little tatik in the world. She is the best. Not a single tooth in her head, but she LOVES the church and she loves the Book of Mormon and just a few months ago, she got to go to the temple for the first time. It was her birthday while she was there and the Temple president gave her a glow in the dark mug with a picture of the temple on it and you would have thought it was made of gold the way she prized it. Her faith is beautiful. Hearing the stories of these men and women truly inspire me. Oh how I love this place. I've been here 11 months and counting and everyday I love it more and more. The people are amazing and have become such an important part of who I am.
On a humorous note this week I was asked to lead the music for Sacrament meeting this week and everything was fine for the first two songs, but then for the last one, the pianist ran off and I had to lead it acapella. Not quite sure what happened. haha. 

We had zone conference this week and President Malm of the 70 came to speak to us from our Europe East Area Presidency. He is a wonderful man, full of faith and wisdom and so many good ideas. His dear wife spoke and shared a beautiful video clip about the Savior and i was just thinking about how apropos that was being so close to Thanksgiving. This thanksgiving I am thankful for the Infinite Gift of our Savior. He is the Ultimate Gift, the true source of life and light and truth. I think now more than ever, as I am closer to Him as a missionary than I ever have been, I feel like my gratitude for Him is more real than it ever has been before. I can see the change He makes in the lives of those around me, and I can feel those changes in myself. It really is amazing. I love you all. I am so grateful for each of you, for each and every one of your prayers and your thoughts in my behalf. You inspire and help me to keep moving forward no matter how hard it may be. Thank you. I love you all
Sincerely, 

Sister Claire Haynie

Comments

Popular Posts