Claire's Mission in Armenia: "More precious than gold"

My dearest ones, 

This week was a gift. A gift more precious than gold. H, our amazing investigator, will be baptised this Saturday. Can I tell you? This is going to be the best day of my life thus far. I love her so much. I had a little freak out after church because I want so badly to be with her as she continues to progress in the Gospel, but that will be the work of other missionaries. You sob for a minute on the couch and then you get back to work. H had her interview with our Mission President after church on Sunday and when they came out, he just looked at us and said, "You have found a kingdom builder, this woman is going to work wonders." Really, I just feel so blessed that she has become a part of my life. I feel like a better person because I have known her. Wow. 

In other news, some of our other investigators have been a little hard to meet with. But I am sure that the Lord will continue to help us as we exercise faith. I just know that the truest desires of our hearts can and will be granted by a loving Father in heaven. I am so just bursting with happiness. 

I think I have really come to understand what Alma meant when he said that his joy was increased because of the success of his brethren. Carolyn gave me some great advice last week that in my last little bit I need to really notice the success of others and feel secure that the work will move on without me. I think that is something that I have come to really understand. This is not about me. The work must and will keep going, even after I am gone. that is the miracle of the work of the Lord. Thank heaven.

Last P day was a trip down memory lane. We went to Gold's Gym to work out and it was just like I was at the Y in Shoreline. It was very odd. But good. Oh how I love a good gym. 

The weather has been lovely and everyone is happy as a result and it just makes missionary work so much more enjoyable when people are happy and full of the sun that is shining! it also makes it much more fun to walk around with out tights and a heavy coat. I really am so tired of that winter coat I could just about scream. haha. The buds are starting to come out on the trees and I am sure that in just a few days the world will begin to bloom. Spring is truly lovely. 

This week was especially lovely because I had the chance to see just about everyone that I have served among during my mission. There was a stake Relief Society activity, (though it was more of a lecture, terribly boring) and all of the ladies from around Armenia came. It was just heaven to see so many people that just mean the world to me. I really think that Heaven will be just like that. Reconnecting with the people that you love so much. Then there was a baptism for another branch that we attended with some of our investigators and I saw even more people that I love, not to mention my MTC teacher that was here on a trip on his way back from a semester in Russia. To see those we love, that is more precious that gold. 

There is an amazing talk by Elder Oaks that I read this week. It is entitled, "Desire" and it deals with the idea that what we truly desire, that is what the Lord will truly grant, for our desires determine our priorities, our priorities our choices and our choices ultimately determine our actions. I loved that, because I have come to really understand that as wel truly desire to do the Lord's will, then is His power activated in our lives. read the talk here. I especially loved it in juxtapostition with his most recent talk in conference. 

Friends and loved ones. This work is amazing and it is bursting forth. We can either help it along or get left behind. I love you all, and I am so grateful that that love has been intestified by this refining, stretching and miraculous experience. Until next week I am

Yours truly, 

Sister Claire Margaret Haynie

Inline image 1
The view from our window as the sun starts to come up

Inline image 2
Just in case you were interested in what we eat for breakfast. The bottle is milk, not yummy, but better than the crazy armenian milk, the right is the yummiest granola stuff that is russian. too yum! 

Comments

Popular Posts