Claire's Mission in Armenia: "Well can't you just sing some alleluias or something?"

Dearest ones, 

I am just making you aware first of all, that I will most likely not be writing next week because we will be in Georgia next week for zone conferences. Anyways, you will just have to last a week without me. (it will be good practice for what will happen in the near future).

Well this week was miracle-filled. 

First of all, as relating to the subject line of the email. We met a lady on the street who called us over to her little bread shop and asked us if we were missionaries, we said yes. and she said,"Do you sing?" The three of us looked at each other and said, "Well, yes" so off we went. She took us to her neighbor's house and there was her neighbor, a woman in her mid 50s who was clearly suffering from a mental illness. We were a little confused. The lady looked at us and just said, "well, do your thing" So what did we do? We started singing "I am a child of God" and the lady just got more and more confused looking. She then said, "that was nice, but can't you sing a couple of Alleluias or something to heal this woman?" I mean, I believe in the healing power of music, but I think this lady had a completely different idea from what mine is. Though I know that anything is possible with faith, I just didn't think that saying a few alleluias would heal this woman of her schizophrenia. So we prayed with them and left. There is a church here which I guess does healings with alleluias and I guess she thought we were from there. I hope they liked our song anyways. 

On to the miracles. We have had so many people to teach just come out of the woodwork. We met an amazing family on the street and set up an appointment to come and talk with them and as we spoke with them, I could just really tell that they were so prepared, they asked us when they could be baptized and they begged us to give them the Book of Mormon. Wowee.  I think that is the real miracle of missionary work. That the Lord really prepares people to accept us, He gives them experiences which make it easier for them to accept our message and more willing to keep committments. Also this week our Bishop invited come of his friends to church and they have some amazing questions which really make it clear that they are looking for truth. This work is amazing because you can so easily see that the Lord is working right alongside us, every step of the way.

The Work is really hastening, this I know for sure. We had a training with President this week and it was amazing! We talked all about member-missionary collaboration and it was an amazing opportunity to make some goals and really assess how we could more effectively work together. There is just no sense trying to do this work on our own. collaboration is vital. I am just so glad that I have the chance to learn that lesson now, so that I can continue this for the rest of my life. The mission never has to end!! Such a relief. 

The weather has really improved and I can't even tell you how much better it is to do missionary work in nice weather. We are happier, the people are happier and just overall I feel like the sunshine is just an evidence of our Heavenly Father smiling down upon us. Oh how I love this work. I can't even quite explain it. Its just beautiful and fulfilling and just the best. I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful week basking in the Love of the Lord! 

I love you!! 

Sister Claire HaynieInline image 1
Jermuk, mineral water from the Armenian mountains. When flavored with lemon its really quite palatable. (This is our apt by the way, pretty fancy, the pillar in the backgroup is made of styrofoam)

Inline image 3
I like when graffiti has a nice message. 

Inline image 4
Sistee, this is for you! Sorry they weren't as good as the Armenian ones, I just bought them for the box :)

Comments

Popular Posts