Claire's Mission in Armenia: "Once upon a Christmas"

Dearest ones,
So the title of this email come from one of my new fav Christmas songs. My district leader just gave me a bunch of Christmas music last week and one was by Dolly Parton ( Sarah Jane and Sis you would love it!!) and called "Once upon a Christmas" its great. You should all youtube it.
So its really starting to be a white Christmas here. The snow has come again and the cold has stayed, so the boots are out and working hard, not to mention my fav fav Land's end coat. working overtime for sure. Our little baby Christmas tree is up and looking so festive, everytime I see it it just makes me so happy. I can't believe that Christmas is just 9 days away. How did that happen? I still feel like it was just August 1st. yikes. its almost 2014. wowee.
This week we went of splits and I got to go to the city, though not my fav part of it, but no big deal. It was so fun to see all of the Christmas decorates in the city. Trees, lights, snow. preeeeeetttty. Also I finally got some peanut butter, so that was good. Phew, can't live long without that. I just love the city.
Well the man at the internet cafe saw two american girls walk in so what did he change the music to? Lady Gaga and T Swift. Its so interesting that they just assume that because we are american that is what we want to hear. Its better than crazy Russian techno I guess.
We had some really good lessons this week. So many good members coming with us and getting involved in the work. I love involving members in lessons. I feel like they just lend so much understanding and strength of testimony, working with members is just so vital to this work.
I have made the observation that somehow telemundo has made it to Armenia and miraculously is has been translated in to Armenian. haha. There is this soap opera that is ALWAYS on, like it must be a constant marathon. It is hilarious because men, women, old and young they all love it and they all know the entire story and it really is hilarious.
This week I have been thinking a lot about love. There is a beautiful scripture in the New Testament, Ephesians 3 :17-19 
" 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being arooted and bgrounded in love,
 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
 19 And to know the alove of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. "
I love that idea. Being rooted and grounded in love. Isn't that what it is all about? When we are rooted in love then we are filled with the fulness of God and the love of Christ. What a promise. too lovely. We talked a lot about love at District meeting and we just talked about if love is not our motivation for everything, we have no business doing the Lord's will, whether we are set apart missionaries or not. If we have not Charity, we are nothing. We should be anxiously seeking to increase that love and make it the thing that grounds us. And once it becomes our roots, our foundation, all things become possible to us, because we then have access to God's power. Love can and will change us. 
Dearest ones, Christmas is coming so soon. I love it and I am so excited to see my family via skype and I am so excited because there is no better way to celebrate the birth of Christ than to share His love with all. So share it my dears! I will try my best too. 
I love you all so much. You make my life full and lovely. 
Sincerely, 
Sister Claire Margaret Haynie
Inline image 1
My pretty pretty Mt. Ararat. I am in love with this mountain

Comments

Popular Posts