Claire's Mission in Armenia: "A new stove, the best Thanksgiving present ever"

Dear readers ,
Yes you read correctly, we got a new stove this week on the morning of Thanksgiving!! It is beautiful and safe and my little Domestic Diva heart was just singing as our landlord brought it in. A great start to a great day.
First things first though, THis week was good. The mud is out in full fource and as we are in a smaller town, only the main roads are paved, thus we are subject to the mud chronicles of yesteryear, namely, Gyumri. But that is okay. The Hunters are out and my trusty dear friends are as trusty as ever. We met with one of our new investigators this week and it was wonderful. She is the neighbor of one of our dear members and is just so prepared! We had brought two other members with us and they were a little dominating of the converstation, but the Spirit was felt and she accepted a baptismal date, so that is what truly matters, next time, we may just leave the chatty cathys at home. But the BEST thing happened at that meeting. We were saying the closing prayer and as I had my head bowed and my eyes closed the TINIEST little kitten jumped into my lap and curled up. I was in HEAVEN. Like when I opened my eyes I nearly started crying. it was just so cute and little and clean (It was an indoor cat, well taken care of) and it looked just like Lucy. TOO CUTE. So anyways. it was a great meeting on all accounts.
We went to visit the cutest little tatik who is less active. We were trying to find her house but couldn't but them we saw a page of a Liahona magazine on her porch and it was like a sign from Heaven. Poor tatik, She doesn't want to be less active, its just that she can't really move. So Anyways, she has a heart of gold and such an amazing conversion story. One of her tatik friends was over and had only her bottom dentures in and those not very well, everytime she talked they would move around. not a fun way to be. But we sang to them and it was a beautiful Spirit that was there with us. Have I mentioned that Sister F sings? She sings alto, so its pretty much a match made in heaven. so great.
Now, on to Thanksgiving. Well the Fruit salad was a total hit, several of the missionaries said it was their favorite part of the meal. wowee. Thanks mum for the recipe! We met at the Institute and it was a real feast! There was turkey and all of the trimmings, even cranberries!!! So great. The only thing missing was sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie. I guess they didn't bring quite enough pumpkin from the states, but we had a lovely pumpkin cake, so it was better than nothing. We then watched the most hilarious youtube video which some YSA ward in LA did of a spoof of the Harvard Sailing team, "Boys like girls" but theirs was "Elders like sisters" please look it up. It was HILARIOUS. I am still laughing about it. The very best part of thanksgiving was just being together with so many people that I love so much. I am so grateful for the people of this mission. We are all so close and so unified, it really feels like a family.
I love you all so much. This week I would invite you all to seek ways to serve. I was feeling a little under the weather one day this week and decided to keep all of our appointments instead of canceling. We went and I instantly felt better. There are just so many things that a little service can cure. I love this work. I know it is true. It is the work of the Lord. the path to Salvation. I love it. Pray for miracles this week! Our investigators need a little help to stay focused and on the path! Miracles happen. of that I am sure.
Love you!!!
Sincerely,

Your favorite Armenian Missionary, Sister Claire Margaret Haynie

Inline image 1
New Stove. I LOVE it.

Inline image 3
Me with the Fruit salad. Candied almonds on the top!!

Comments

Popular Posts